btov Private Investment Academy (Module I)
The concept of the btov Private Investment Academy is based on conversations with private investors interested in start-up investing. The structure reflects the typical questions that investors usually ask (or should ask) when/before investing in a start-up for the first time:
- How can an investor outline a basic investment strategy for himself before investing in a start-up for the first time? What should the investor consider? Why is this important?
- Where do investors find a sufficiently broad selection of investment opportunities that are in line with their interests? Why is this important?
- How can different start-up concepts be evaluated systematically and effectively regarding their strengths and weaknesses?
- How should the more profound evaluation of investment opportunities (Due Diligence) be structured?
- When the basic decision for an investment is taken, what options are available for the investor to structure his investment? What are key elements of so-called term sheets? What are the meanings of the most common terms that are discussed with reference to term sheets?
- When the capital is wired, what are the next steps? How can the investor personally contribute to the successful development of the start-up after the investment?
- How are positive and negative developments of start-ups experienced by start-up investors? What learnings can be derived from these experiences?
The btov Private Investment Academy addresses private and institutional investors who plan to do direct investments in start-ups. The Academy offers not only an introduction into the start-up world, but also pragmatic advice for first investments, i.e. the preparation, execution and follow-up of first direct investments. For experienced business angels, the Academy serves as inspiration or benchmark since the participants receive detailed insights into the btov investment processes which have been developed over the last 10 years. The btov Private Investment Academy is an invitation-only event. The Academy is not an investment event. The goal of the Academy is to provide answers to the above mentioned questions. The event is organized by btov. Selected start-ups in search of investor capital will present their business concepts in the course of the event, but these presentations will only cover a small section of the Academy.
The btov Private Investment Academy in October 2017 is the 18th btov Private Investment Academy.